Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Getting 8psi pulley put in tomorrow, any tips?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member BoostedEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2000
    Posts
    759
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Personnaly I like the idea of having a BTC installed so you can have your timing set a little higher (maybe 12 degrees) while driving normal and have the BTC pull timing under boost. Having a J&S is a very good idea also....I need to get one [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    My setup: Timing set at 13 degrees with the BTC at 7-8 clicks on 93 Octane.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Tom Civic's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2000
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got the 8psi pulley on! its definately nicer. I could barely tell a seat of the pants difference, but i know i got around 10hp to the wheels faster. I had a bad launch and my friend in his celica GTS 6 speed with muffler got me by 2 cars roughly. This was with wheel spin through out first gear. I think it would have been alot closer had i learned a new way to launch the car.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member JT98CivicEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think you'll need a BTC if you have the new Ultra Safeguard, as it also has boost retard as well as mid rpm retard and knock retard. If you get the V2, it also has the MAP mod which is adjustable.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My setup is a bit different, but I'm able to use stock timing (16 degrees) with the BTC set on 0.6 degrees/psi retard.

    This is with 94 octane though... And, I do occasionally get some very minor part-throttle boosting detonation picked up by a J&S Safeguard. It only pulls 1-2 degrees timing momentarily.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member D-X-Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2001
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Tom Civic:
    I got the 8psi pulley on! its definately nicer. I could barely tell a seat of the pants difference, but i know i got around 10hp to the wheels faster. I had a bad launch and my friend in his celica GTS 6 speed with muffler got me by 2 cars roughly. This was with wheel spin through out first gear. I think it would have been alot closer had i learned a new way to launch the car.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Tom what timing are you running and are you experiencing any detonation? I see 10psi in you future and a set of 290cc injectors let me know if you are interested....hehehehehe

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Tom Civic's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2000
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lol. I can't afford a safeguard right now. hmm oh yeah I raced my friend's Si I/H/E i beat him by one car space. last time he ran a 15.6 i'm expecting a 15.5 quarter. I'm finally getting there! haha. 10psi eh? hmm. Maybe I should save up for a safeguard before i go 10psi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •